In this route, we will see the assets awarded as UNESCO World Heritage: The Antequera Dolmens Site, the Peña de los Enamorados (Lovers’ Rock) and El Torcal, besides some of the most outstanding points of the town:
- Tholos El Romeral
- Viera and Menga dolmens
- El Carmen church
- El Carmen square, with the sculpture named “Homage to Antiquiries”.
- Callejón de la Estrella (Alley of the Star)
- Plaza de los Escribanos (Scribe square)
- Santa María Royal Collegiate
- Arcos de los Gigantes (Giants’ Arch)
- Hoskin Viewpoint: view towards the La Peña de los Enamorados
- Almenillas Viewpoint: panoramic views of the town.
Have a look to the bars and restaurants’ guide of Antequera. https://turismo.antequera.es/donde-comer/restaurantes/
Time to enjoy the historical centre of the town by going for a pleasant walk from the Plaza del Coso Viejo, Plaza San Sebastian, Plaza San Agustin, Plaza San Luis, Plaza de Toros (bullring) until the Paseo Real (Royal Promenade).